Translate

Friday, October 2, 2015

Finding Purpose

I fell in love with Nhu, (the little one standing) when I first arrived to volunteer at Peace Village about 4 years ago. My family and friends know her name and the story of her sweet, spunky style very well.

When I first met her the general consensus among the staff was that she would never be able to walk on her own. I arrived last year amazed to learn that she'd begun to take some short distance solo cruises on her wobbley little legs.

And now she not only walks on her own, she also makes it her mission to walk down the hallway on a regular basis and into the room where those less fortunate live out their days on small beds and cribs. She stands beside them and holds their hands!

What a gift to see that perhaps she's discovered her deeper purpose on this planet, on her own and against all odds! 

I've often felt helpless, and struggled with the very human urge to "fix" things that in my culture seem wrong or unjust. But slowly I'm learning the importance of just showing up, bearing witness to what is, and trusting the unfolding of the life force of LOVE! 

Blessings to you little Nhu, on your new found mission of compassion!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow she already has a purpose in her short life some never achieve.. she's learning from caring people around her...so great you get to see some of the good that comes out of all this.......You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete